Monday, October 26, 2009

Weekend Belligerence

What happened to restful weekends? If I would have known all I was going to do this past weekend, I think I would've hidden under the covers.

This is what I did:

-Cleaned the whole house, including sweeping, mopping, dusting, bathrooms, etc.
-4 loads of laundry including sheets and rugs
-Balanced the checking account
-Shopped for Halloween costumes
-Went to the grocery store
-Went to the pet store
-Changed out the shower curtain liners in my clawfoot tub, which involved cutting the liners because they come too long
-Cooked
-2 community service projects
-Went to the gym

Somewhere in there, I found time to watch an episode of Project Runway, read Us Weekly and go to dinner with a friend. Bert was out of town, so I stayed at said friend's house - I am such a scaredy cat. We stayed up late and watched "Grand Torino" - it was incredible. Two big thumbs up.

I am exhausted and sore from the gym today. I was actually a little relieved to go to work today so that I could get some rest. And my job is hectic!

Is this adulthood? The loss of the relaxing weekend?
posted by Anisa @ 11:16 AM |

3 comments

<< Home