Thursday, November 19, 2009

Thankful

Got this great idea from LT'S blog.

The ABCs of Thanksgiving
a.k.a. What I Am Thankful For:


Abbu. This time last year was the last time I saw my grandfather. I am thankful for every single moment I had with him - 28 years of wonderful memories. A is also for Ammi, my grandmother. She is an inspiration.

Bert. My soul mate, my love. I still get excited that I GOT MARRIED over 5 years later.

Chocolate. How I love thee - especially Lindt.

DVR. When I am so exhausted and my brain can't take any more, there's nothing better than my Tuesday or Wednesday ritual of 90210, The Hills and The City.

Education. I am so thankful for my education. I was one of the crazy people who loved high school, and I am proud of my degrees from Mississippi State University and the University of Georgia.

Friends. I have great friends...from high school, college, DC and Georgia. Nothing like time with your girlfriends!

Getting away. Last weekend in the Blue Ridge Mountains was so good for my soul.

Health. You know the saying...if you don't have health... And so, I am very grateful that I am a healthy person.

IPhone. I mean, I am still obsessed.

Job. I am crazy busy, but I really like my job. I have a great one doing public relations for a school district.

King-sized bed. OK, I don't have one - yet. But it is going to be me and Bert's Christmas and I can't wait!

Lulu Bird. This is a crazy nickname that my mom has for me - but that's how I know I am so loved. I am also a nickname-giver for those nearest and dearest to me.

Matty. Bad news: I feel my allergies have gotten worse. Good news: I still love Matty and am trying to make the sneezing stop by all means possible. I love my baby cat.

Nice place to live. Thank you, God.

Olivia. Love my precious new niece...and of course her mommy too!

Prayers answered...and sometimes those not. God is so good.

Quiet. I love the moments of sheer peace I get...in the middle of craziness, a little quiet is good for the soul.

Rain. I love rain!

Sommer and Sam. The coolest kids IN THE WORLD. Can't wait to see my cousins next week.

TD and Rani a.k.a. the parents. Words cannot do justice to the love I have for these people.

Undies. I mean, if you were having to pull at uncomfortable panties all day, how awful would that be? No thanks. Love the Body By Victoria.

Very color-coordinated closet. I recently did this and like it. I am thankful that I have warm (and cute) clothes to wear.

Wheels. Love my Honda CR-V. Still get excited about my ride, even though it's 3 years old.

Xtra good hair straightener. My fave is Jilbere. It's the best. I had the Chi and it didn't work as well as my Jilbere. Don't know how I would fix my hair without it!

Yummy food. I am thankful that I have food to eat...sometimes too much. :) But I am very grateful that I do not have to go hungry.

Zzzzzzzzzzzs (I am with Laura on this one!). I LOVE sleep and have got to have it. Lots of it. Every morning when I wake up, my first thought is, "I can't wait to go back to sleep tonight!"


There's lots more, but this is a start. The substantial and the silly. Really made me stop and take stock.

Labels: , , ,

posted by Anisa @ 2:32 PM |

1 comments

<< Home