Tuesday, January 18, 2011

It's A...

Yesterday, Bert and I went in for the detailed ultrasound a.k.a. finding out if it's a boy or a girl!

First and foremost, I obviously wanted to hear that everything looked good. It was music to my ears to hear about 10 fingers, 10 toes, 2 eyes, 2 ears, etc. I loved hearing that his stomach, kidneys, heart and brain looked great.

That's right - HIS!

I have to admit, I was in shock. I just KNEW it was a girl. The heartrate was always high, and I guess I have always pictured myself with a girl.

I have never seen Bert this happy in my life. My parents were elated. This will be the first boy in a while, as my parents had two girls and my sister has a precious one-year old daughter.

Elation.

I was in shock. I had visions dancing through my head of pink, hairbows, dance recitals, etc. But I am adjusting to a new frame of mind - one that involves baseball, being a team mom and lots of blue.

I can't believe I am going to have a son! How I already love him.

P.S. We are not telling anyone his name until he is born. :)

Labels: ,

posted by Anisa @ 1:13 PM |

6 comments

<< Home