Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Thank You

Well, tomorrow is my 25th birthday. I can't believe I will have been alive for a quarter-century! As I near this day, I realize there are two very special people that I want to thank for all they've done for me...my mom and dad.

Mama and Daddy, I have learned so much from both of you. There are some things that I need to thank you for. You may not even know I noticed what all you did. It would take me a lifetime to repay you for all you've done for me. Here are just a few things that came to mind...

Mama, thank you for...
  • never letting me get too down on myself. You told me that as long as someone is alive, they can always change the path they're on. You made me feel so empowered.
  • always making me feel that I could talk to you about anything. I have always been able to come to you no matter what. You give great advice.
  • getting me out of school to take the whole family to a "Rolling Stones" concert.
  • never telling me I needed to lose weight. I don't have a complex about weight because of you. You always helped me stick to a diet when I came to you, but you never made me feel bad about myself.
  • being such a great mom. I wouldn't trade you for anything.

Daddy, thank you for...

  • teaching me how to swim. I didn't even notice all the air was out of my "swimming foogles." I was so excited.
  • playing in the sandbox and the Slip 'n Slide with me and Sara. Thanks for taking us on 3-wheeler rides.
  • taking us to the creek in Sturgis when we were little, and even trying to find my lost jelly in the dirty water.
  • teaching me how to change a flat tire. I was so proud the day my tire went flat and this man pulled over to ask me if I needed help. I replied, "No thank you. I've got it."
  • always backing me up. I always knew I had someone on my side that truly understood me.

To both of you, thank you for...

  • instilling in me that marriage is a lifelong commitment. You always stuck together no matter what.
  • taking us on trips. Disney World, the Ozarks, the Florida Keys...all wonderful memories. I'll never forget the trips themselves or the car rides. There was always a fresh batch of Rice Krispie treats for any trip. Thank you for taking me to India for Uncle Saife's wedding too. I will always treasure seeing where part of my heritage is.
  • taking us to visit family often. Many people don't know their families like I do, and I appreciate that I have been to numerous holiday events, weddings and reunions. Those people are my blood.
  • teaching me the power of prayer. I have never felt alone because of that.
  • never giving up on me and being the first in line to cheer me on and congratulate me.

I could never thank you enough for what you both have done for me, the sacrifices you have made. You have made these 25 years wonderful ones. I love you both so much.

posted by Anisa @ 1:30 PM |

5 comments

<< Home