Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Driving Me Crazy!!

You know how people do things that really get under your skin? You don't really know why you're so annoyed that someone is biting their nails or blowing their nose really loudly or talking in baby talk to their dog, but you're just bugged. They're getting on your nerves, and you feel like you're about to burst.

A few things have happened lately that have driven me a little crazy. I hope you'll get a chuckle out of some of these and share some of your own pet peeves with me!

  • "I need to talk to you about something..."

OK, That's perfectly fine if you need to talk to me about something, but just tell me! Don't say we've got to talk, and that it has to be done in person. Just tell me when we can actually talk! People say those things and your imagination runs wild at what they might have to say. You get all worked up, meet them for lunch, and then they break it to you...they need help planning a baby shower. You get all worked up for nothing. Even if you do get worked up for a good reason, you could have avoided all that stress if they would've just told you what they had to tell you without freaking you out beforehand. Who needs extra stress?

  • Crying and greedy kids at the store

Oh.my.gosh. This drives me crazy! I have a friend who was a witness to a such event. There was a young child sitting in the buggy at Wal-Mart, crying her eyes out. My friend couldn't take it anymore and said, "Somebody needs to hug that baby!" I don't understand why people ignore the fact that their kids are screaming and crying. They might be immune to it, but everyone else is not! And when kids are continuously asking for toys, candy, etc., I can't help but wonder if people tell their kids no anymore.

  • Someone forgot to flush the toilet

Just because you use the bathroom in a public place doesn't mean you don't have to use proper bathroom etiquette! Ugh!

  • Hearing the tail end of a song you love on the radio and missing a TV show you really wanted to watch

Is this Murphy's law? Last night, I was all ready to watch the finale of Britney and Kevin: Chaotic. It's the wedding episode and I admit that I got involved. I was sucked into their lives...I tried to fight it, but I couldn't. It normally came on at 9 EST, but since it was the finale, it came on at 8 EST. I discovered this at 8:48, when Bert turned the TV on to flip through the channels. "It's already on," he said with fear in his voice. "$%@!#$%," I replied. It's also annoying when you hear a song on the radio that you love and for about 3 seconds, you can't figure out if it's the beginning or the end. Oh yes, 99% of the time, it's the end.

  • People that pull out in front of you really fast and then drive really slowly

What is this? This happened to me just the other day, and I don't understand it. Why are you burning rubber to get in front of me to drive 15 miles per hour? Do you have OCD and must be in front of the next white car that passes? I just don't get it.

And here's one more...but this falls under the category of things that make me forget about my pet peeves:

  • Surprise anniversaries

I had a lovely, unexpected 10-month anniversary yesterday, complete with a beautiful card, flowers and the new Coldplay CD. Things like that make all the little things disappear, because even though a surprise anniversary can be little, it sure seems like a big deal to me.

posted by Anisa @ 2:12 PM |

5 comments

<< Home