Monday, June 06, 2005

Weekend Excitement

I.am.so.excited.

Coldplay is coming to Atlanta! I can hardly stand it. Just last month I was saying that they were the only band I would absolutely, positively have to see if they came in this area. And then, well, here they come! They're coming in September! I was up at the computer at 10am Saturday getting tickets. They had just gone on sale, and they were selling out so quickly. Ticketmaster forces you to fill out pages of information at lightning speed, so I had to get my keyboarding skills in order to even get the tickets. Oh yes, people, I won the Keyboarding Award in high schoool.

I've been excited about a lot of stuff lately. Saturday I ate at my absolutely favorite Mexican restaurant in the world and Sunday afternoon, I had a great time downtown. Nothing huge happened...just a good time. Bert and I window shopped and ate at the absolutely neatest lunch place ever. We just happened upon it, and had a fantastic parking spot to boot! It's always so fun when the parking gods are in your favor.

Today I have a terrible headache and I don't feel good at all, but when I think about this weekend, I can't help but smile. And that's a really good feeling and one that can't be replaced by feeling good physically, but being down.

I'm not going to let how I physically feel affect me emotionally. I am so terrible about not feeling good and therefore being mean to others. Does this happen to everyone? Usually when I feel like this, I think I should put a sign up at work that says, "Does not play well with others." It reminds me of some commercial where people get off to the wrong start and they "accidentally" spill coffee on others, knock over stacks of papers and close elevator doors when people are yelling "Hold the door!" I love that commercial. Haven't we all felt like that before?

And on top of everything else, it's Monday, certifiably the worst day of the week. It seems like an eternity to the weekend, but it will eventually get here.

And now, before I sign off today, here is a little something that is sure to make the hair on your arms stand up:

Has anyone ever seen the 1993 movie "Demolition Man"? It's with Sylvester Stallone and Sandra Bullock and is a futuristic movie. There are two completely freaky things in the movie.

  1. Arnold Schwarzenneger became the President after an amendment was passed so that non-US born citizens could be the President.
  2. Much of the movie deals with a prison, and one of the prisoners up for parole is named SCOTT PETERSON.

I just thought I'd share with everyone for a little fun movie fact for the day. Hope everyone's Monday is as good as a Monday can be!

posted by Anisa @ 2:15 PM |

0 comments

<< Home