Tuesday, July 12, 2005

A Love or THE Love?

As promised recently, here is my analysis of the recent phenomenons known as Brangelina and Vaughniston. Before I even start with what's going on in the aftermath of the break-up of Hollywood's Golden Couple, I must address this name combination thing going on. I think it's getting out of control. Case in point: Shar Jackson (Mr. Britney Spears' ex) and Quentin Tarantino are now an item, and have been referred to as Sharantino. I think this one might cross the line.

Anyway, I'm sure you joined me in devastation after Jennifer Aniston and Brad Pitt called it quits. They looked so beautiful and sun-kissed all the time. Signs were there of an upcoming break-up, though. Think about it: When asked if Brad was the love of her life, Jennifer said he was A big love of her life, but she wasn't sure about the whole THE love of your life thing. And Brad said that he didn't know if people were meant to be with one person forever.

Ouch.

Signs of trouble loomed on the horizon, but they went on, looking as gorgeous and as glamorous as ever, and then the news broke. It was over.

Rumors flew about Brad and Angelina, which after seeing Mr. and Mrs. Smith, I definitely believe to be true. I went into the movie, loyal to womankind and hating Angelina Jolie. "She's a slut! A home wrecker!" I said. I never said the woman wasn't beautiful...she is breathtakingly gorgeous. After seeing the movie, though, the chemistry between Brad and Ange was undeniable. Sparks like that don't fly when people are just acting.

Furthermore, Ange has gotten Brad involved in humanitarian efforts, and the two seem to be happy. Am I Angelina Jolie's #1 fan? Heck no! She grew up with dreams of being a mortician and wore her ex-husband's blood around her neck. I think the woman's off her rocker, but she and Brad do seem to share an electricity that was lacking between him and Jen. Maybe it's just sex...
But, Brad does seem to adore Maddox, Angelina's adopted Cambodian son. She recently adopted another child, and I have a feeling Brad is in the picture for a while.

As far as Jennifer Aniston and Vince Vaughn, it seems as if they are enjoying a fling. Does it seem a little incestuous to anyone else that Vince and Brad were co-stars in Mr. and Mrs. Smith? Is this movie responsible for anymore Hollywood hook-ups?

Anyway, it looks like Jen and Vince are just in the mood for a good time. They certainly don't seem serious, but I think Jen deserves a good, cute rebound guy. I think Vince Vaughn is hilarious and they probably have a lot of fun together. Brad and Angelina seem more serious...like they're always in deep thought about something. Jen and Vince look like they are just having a good time...and they should be. There's not much gossip about their relationship, but from the looks of the latest Us Weekly pics, something besides just being co-stars is going on. Jen's finally smiling again.

So, who am I pulling for? I guess I'm (gasp!) pulling for everyone. I'm never going to be Angelina Jolie's #1 fan, but I finally realized I can't heap all the blame for the split on her. Brad was the one that was married at the time.

I guess why I hope all these couples make it is actually quite simplistic. Being in love is wonderful. It makes people happier, kinder...all sorts of great things. Finding the love of your life is like solving a great mystery...you have found what you have spent your entire life looking for, and you don't question if it's the real deal or not. And if any of these people are THE love of each other's lives, they'll know it...and they won't have to stutter over their words.
posted by Anisa @ 3:50 PM |

6 comments

<< Home