Monday, September 12, 2005

Candy

Sometimes we all need a break from reality. This weekend, I stayed away from storm coverage, and focused my time on college football, "Million Dollar Baby" and "Monster-In-Law" for my viewing pleasure. I spent time shopping, working out, and going out to eat. It was just what I needed. I don't know about you, but I can't stay immersed in Katrina 24-7. I try to keep up with what's going on, but I think there just comes a point when you can't stay so focused on tragedy. My dad is on the Mississippi coast right now helping get the power back on. I admire his efforts and am proud that he's going above and beyond to help out.

This weekend brought that lovely time of year when seasonal allergies attack me in full force, but it wasn't anything that a little shopping therapy couldn't fix. I picked up a few items to spruce up my fall wardrobe, and nothing makes me feel better quicker than that!

I'm about to continue my nice reality break. The latest issues of Us Weekly and Marie Claire just arrived, and I plan on submersing myself in the cover article of Us Weekly that's proclaiming: PLANNING TO MARRY! I've just gotta know if Brad and Angelina are really headed to the altar.

I know I have to be a responsible adult and stay focused on what's going on in the world with Katrina and the anniversary of 9/11, but for today, it's going to be all about fashion and celebrities. I don't think of it as garbage; I think of it as candy. And no one should be deprived of candy. I would just prefer to read mine than eat it!

OK, OK...so I do wish there was some chocolate here, but for now I'm content in my new, glossy magazines. After praying and donating and crying, I have to step back and be grateful for what I have, while continuing to give to the less fortunate. I can't stay sad about it. I have to find a balance.

But for today...candy, anyone?
posted by Anisa @ 3:00 PM |

6 comments

<< Home