Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Fall is in the Air

It's actually 64 degrees in Georgia today. I never thought I'd actually see a break in the sweltering heat! What a welcome change.

Along with the change in temperature comes a whole new season filled with its own unique activities. I can't wait to go to lots of college football games and spend more time outside now that I can stand the temperature. I love it when the leaves change color. I love Thanksgiving...it's an excuse to engorge yourself and not even feel bad about it! Halloween is wonderful too; when else can you eat jack-o-lanterns full of candy and not be looked at like a lunatic?

Sweater season is coming soon, and I'm glad I'll get to cover up these 10 pounds I still haven't managed to lose. I still can't stand the thought of actually trying on sweaters just yet. It's got to be really cold outside before I'll do that!

I'll miss the flip flops and days at the beach, but I don't think I've ever been more ready for a seasonal change. I'm ready to put away ice cream and start my hot chocolate ritual again. I'm ready to be able to stand walks in the evening, and not just work out at the gym.

Season premieres are beginning and new movies are coming out. I think autumn gives us the chance to turn over a new leaf. Even thought it's still technically summer, fall is certainly in the air. And it's a welcome change.
posted by Anisa @ 10:30 AM |

15 comments

<< Home