Friday, August 26, 2005

A Birthday Wish

To the person who...

  • understood me when no one else did
  • made me pick up pine cones in the yard even when I didn't want to, which certainly builds character
  • walked me down the aisle on my wedding day
  • took us swimming in the creek
  • let us ride down the road with the windows down AND the air conditioner blowing
  • always believed in me
  • provided for our family and made sure we had everything we needed and lots of things we wanted
  • made me always feel safe when you were there
  • was so strong that I never told other kids "My dad can beat up your dad" because it simply went without saying
  • took us trick-or-treating
  • kept our yard looking so nice
  • yelled at me when I had done wrong, but let it go in the next moment and never hung anything over my head
  • hid all the Easter eggs
  • is so handsome that my high school guidance counselor pulled me aside to tell me so
  • introduced me to homemade blueberry ice cream
  • let us buy whatever we wanted at the grocery store when Mama went on business trips
  • played with us in the sandbox and on the Slip 'n Slide and even in the kiddie pool
  • always tells it like it is
  • still calls Mama sweet names
  • is extremely intelligent
  • has an incredible work ethic
  • took me on the best 3-wheeler rides ever
  • is the best Daddy in the world.

Thank you.

Happy 50th Birthday, Daddy! I love you so much, and am so proud to be your daughter. Thank you for everything you have done for us, and for all the things I didn't even know you did. I hope the next 50 holds twice the happiness as the first.
posted by Anisa @ 10:30 AM |

11 comments

<< Home