Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Makin' A Fuss

Organic Chee-tos in hand, I walked back to my bedroom yesterday afternoon about 1pm. I had the remote and was in my jammies.

I was sick.

I had a horrible headache and felt very nauseated yesterday. The nausea's gone, but remnants of the headache are here. I really hope I don't have sinus infection #3 for the year. Ugh.

Anyway, I came to work yesterday morning, but felt so horrible that I left at lunch. I got home, put on an old t-shirt and shorts, and settled into bed. I don't know about you, but when I'm sick I have my special "sick food." Pizza Hut cheesesticks. I love them so much, and will only allow myself to partake in the greasy, cheesy pleasure on sick days. Otherwise, I'd blow up to the size of who knows what. I freaking love those things.

Bert called, and I made him call Pizza Hut for me. I felt so nauseated that I munched on Chee-tos until Pizza Hut came knocking. Me and my cheesesticks were headed for an afternoon of "The Young and the Restless" followed by White Oleander, which was showing on Lifetime. I am one of those people that can't stand to watch more than two hours of TV in a row. I start feeling physically ill and worthless...except when I'm sick. I tried to change things up and lie on the couch, but that proved too laborious for me. I felt like I was going to throw up anywhere except my bed.

I forced myself outside around 3pm to get a bit of sun while walking down the driveway to check the mail. "Yes!" I thought. Us Weekly had arrived. Even feeling woozy, I had to read it. When I came back from the hospital once and was completely out-of-it, I came home and read Us Weekly then as well. I still remember it was the first issue with Britney and K-Fed on the cover, and even in my completely drugged state, I knew I had to find out the latest dish.

Anyway, I tore through the magazine, chatted with my aunt and kept taking regular does of meds. Advil is, in my opinion, the cure-all, and it certainly made me feel somewhat better. I had no appetite the rest of the day, and I literally stayed in my bed for who knows how many hours. Everytime I got up, I felt horrible.

Bert tried to help me, but I started getting fussy because I felt like he wasn't taking adequate care of me. Yeah, he brought me water and whatever I asked for, but I felt something was missing.

I looked at him in all seriousness and declared, "I need you to make a fuss over me."

He looked at me with confusion in his eyes. However, what I had said did the trick.

"You poor little sick baby!" he exclaimed.

I smiled with glee and became as dramatic as Scarlett O'Hara. I put my hand over my forehead and said, "I'm so sick!"

We laughed, and I made him make a fuss over me all night long.

I finally started feeling better.

I woke up this morning, still with a slight headache. I just know it's another stupid sinus infection, and if Advil and sinus meds don't cure all by the morning, I guess I have no choice but to head to the doctor. Ick.

All I know is everyone has their needs when they're sick. Some people need lots of their favorite food and drink. Others need their backs rubbed. Me? Just make a big ol' fuss over me, and I'll quickly be on the road to recovery.
posted by Anisa @ 2:29 PM |

8 comments

<< Home