Thursday, August 11, 2005

100 Things

Chris at Sweet Tooth did this post recently, and I thought it was a great idea. I have seen this list on many people's blogs, and I think it gives a true insight into someone's personality. So, I am now joining the ranks! Here's my list. Hope you enjoy!

100 Things You Might Not Know About Me

  1. I used to bite my nails.
  2. I found the solution to stop biting nails was keeping them painted.
  3. I get my entire face waxed every two weeks.
  4. I have shaved every day for as long as I can remember.
  5. My favorite color is hot pink.
  6. I can play the flute and the piano.
  7. I used to twirl flag in high school.
  8. Yes, I was a sorority biatch.
  9. I used to work in Washington, DC for a wonderful Republican congressman from my home district.
  10. I am now a Democrat.
  11. Once I had blonde streaks in my hair. Okay, it was for an entire year.
  12. Once I plucked my eyebrows while watching "Saturday Night Fever." They looked drawn-on they were so thin when I got done.
  13. I love disco music. And rock. And rap. And alternative.
  14. I am just now able to stomach country music.
  15. My favorite song ever is "Beautiful Girl" by Pete Droge and the Sinners.
  16. My favorite movie is "Steel Magnolias."
  17. I love to watch "Entertainment Tonight" on the E! channel and then on ABC, just to make sure I didn't miss anything.
  18. I hated the movie "My Big Fat Greek Wedding." I just didn't get what was so good about it.
  19. I am totally on Jennifer Aniston's side in this Brangelina fiasco.
  20. I used to want to be the next Oprah Winfrey.
  21. Maybe I still do...minus the diva attitude.
  22. I love saving money.
  23. I love spending money.
  24. I shop at the Gap so much that the manager gave me a "Friends & Family" discount.
  25. I am a daydream believer.
  26. Bert first proposed to me after I knew him for two months. I was all yucky and sweaty, cooking in the kitchen. I said yes, but said that didn't count as my real proposal!
  27. I was voted Best Personality in high school.
  28. A defining moment in my shopping life was when I was about 12 and watching an interview with Jodie Foster. She told the interviewer that she was "just getting into clothes." I decided then and there that I, too, wanted to "get into clothes."
  29. I used to hide in the hamper, which was the bottom of a bathroom closet, in my old house when my sister and I would play hide-and-seek. She never found me.
  30. I have an exceptional memory.
  31. I am a Muslim.
  32. I am interested in Sufism...Islamic mysticism...(kind of like Kabbalah for Jews). They believe God is in everything. They believe that life is a spiritual practice in getting closer to God. The way they practice Islam is the epitome of peace.
  33. I am reading Ya-Yas in Bloom by Rebecca Wells. It is great.
  34. The next book I am going to read is Freakonomics.
  35. My middle name is Margrett. That was my grandmother's name. It's spelled that way because that's how my great-grandmother thought it was spelled.
  36. I used to be really uncomfortable with who I was. I'm not anymore.
  37. I went to public school until the 8th grade. I then transferred to a private school. I wonder how that change has made my life different.
  38. I am sad that not everyone has access to healthcare.
  39. I am a little bit of a hypochondriac.
  40. My favorite food is Papa John's cheese pizza.
  41. I ate the best cookie in the entire universe last week at a cookie store. It was chocolate chip walnut. They even warmed it up for me. It was so good that I felt no guilt from the fat or calories.
  42. I had to go to the hospital when I was little for a hip infection.
  43. I have had shingles.
  44. Every job I've had has had positive aspects, but none of them have been exactly what I was looking for.
  45. I'm beginning to wonder if anyone has their dream job.
  46. I am applying for a Master's in Public Administration degree.
  47. I just joined the Junior League.
  48. I dreamed I had a beautiful baby girl last night. For some reason, we realized we didn't have a crib for her.
  49. I already have my kid's names picked out, and no, I won't tell.
  50. I used to delight in looking at my mom and dad's old high school yearbooks.
  51. I have been blessed with wonderful friends throughout my life.
  52. I have had some terrible friends too. The worst is when you don't have a clue what kind of person they're going to turn out to be.
  53. I knew Trent Lott was going to step down as Senate Majority Leader five seconds before the rest of the world.
  54. I met Dennis Quaid in New Orleans. I have a picture to prove it. I walked up to him after his band, "The Sharks," performed at The House of Blues. I asked him if he had a pen. He found one for me, and then gave me his autograph.
  55. I met the dad from "My Two Dads." It's not Paul Reiser; it's the other one. I was at Disney World and I asked for his autograph. He was mean to me. See where his career has gone? Nowhere. What a meanie.
  56. I hold grudges.
  57. I am horrified of scary movies, but I continue to watch them. I can't decide if I'm going to see "The Skeleton Key" or not.
  58. My grandparents just sent me a new sari for my 1-year wedding anniversary. It is gorgeous.
  59. My step-grandfather gave me my grandmother's gorgeous diamond ring for a wedding gift. I will never forget his generosity in that moment.
  60. My mom and dad took us out of school for a Rolling Stones concert in high school. I thought that was so cool.
  61. I talk to my mom and aunt almost every day.
  62. I had the most beautiful bridesmaids dresses I've ever seen.
  63. I love amusement parks. Bert hates them.
  64. I have a hard time not staying focused on the past. I am trying to learn to look more toward the future.
  65. I have straight hair.
  66. I straighten my hair daily.
  67. My mom did a wonderful job teaching me how to ride a bike.
  68. My dad did a wonderful job teaching me how to swim.
  69. I love taking showers.
  70. I hate taking baths. I don't understand how to get clean if I'm sitting in dirty water.
  71. I hate working out.
  72. I work out 3-4 times per week.
  73. I love chocolate. I mean, I love chocolate.
  74. My favorite candy is a Lindt bar. It's Swiss chocolate with a wafer layer. Heavenly.
  75. My favorite flower is bright pink tulips.
  76. I abhor baby's breath. That is the ugliest "flower" I have ever seen. It looks like dandruff to me.
  77. I am so afraid of dandruff that I use dandruff shampoo daily.
  78. I have no idea if I really have dandruff or not. All I know is my hair is almost black, so I can't wait around to see if I do or not.
  79. The ocean terrifies me.
  80. I read Us Weekly religiously.
  81. My biggest phobia is being buried alive. Therefore, I plan on donating several of my vital organs...just to make sure.
  82. I have battled my weight my entire life.
  83. My first column is being published a week from today.
  84. I hate ironing and folding clothes.
  85. I am anal about cleanliness.
  86. I love to talk on the phone.
  87. I don't like it that my new age bracket is 25-34 on some forms. That scares me.
  88. I don't believe people "complete" each other. I am against that whole "Jerry Maguire" concept. You have to be able to complete yourself and find someone to complement you.
  89. I love it when movies make me cry.
  90. I love it when movies make me laugh.
  91. I am a hopeless romantic.
  92. I am bad about being critical of others.
  93. I don't smoke.
  94. I love the beach.
  95. I hate sand.
  96. I love sleep.
  97. I still love to play pretend and "what if." I mean, I have to know what I'd do in case I win the lottery!
  98. I consider myself a very lucky person.
  99. I hope to publish a book one day. Or at least write one.
  100. I believe in happily ever after.
posted by Anisa @ 12:06 PM |

18 comments

<< Home