Tuesday, August 09, 2005

'Scuse Me

I don't know about you, but when I drink carbonated drinks, they make me really have to burp. Last night, I had a big glass full of delicious Diet Sunkist. Yum.

*Burp*

I looked at Bert. This burping thing is kind of new for us. A few months ago we were at the mall and I accidentally burped. We laughed, and ever since then, we've been burping.

"'Scuse Me," I said. We laughed and went back to our Sonic treats.

No, I'm not like Cameron Diaz. I don't do it on purpose and we don't have contests. I'm not "proud" of my burps, but they happen. And we laugh at each other.

Last night was just one of those relaxed nights. We are usually pretty healthy, but both of us were craving something really bad, so we headed out to Sonic for a Blast and a sundae. We laid there on the couch, devouring ice cream, relaxing and yes, burping, when necessary.

"This is the life," I said.

No, I will never let myself completely go. Certain things I will never do, not because I'm not comfortable, but because I think certain things are too unladylike. I just can't. And I don't want to.

I guess it's finding that balance of comfort and respect that makes the perfect combination. It's the woman being able to not wear any make-up all weekend and the man having Chee-tos crumbs all over his t-shirt that really are tell-tale signs of a relationship. Taking these things in stride and not caring one bit about them...and not having to always look perfect for the other...that's real comfort.

I'll always excuse myself after I burp...gotta have that ladylike ending to it at least. And it sure feels nice not to have Coke build-up in my chest anymore.
posted by Anisa @ 12:08 PM |

8 comments

<< Home