Monday, August 29, 2005

Laboring Towards Labor Day

Agitated if I'm bored.

Agitated if I'm busy.

I think it's definitely time for Labor Day.

You see, I think many of us have reached this point. We're simply sick of work. And if you don't work, you're probably ready for your significant other to come home so you can enjoy a long weekend together.

Yesterday I was sick, so I spent much of the day watching TV and lying in bed. I was so bored that I was actually relieved to come to work today. I felt really bad, so there wasn't much more I could do. I got up and cooked supper, but that was about it. I finally started feeling better by evening, and glad to be up and about doing something productive. Then, this manic Monday morning was extremely busy, so of course...I wanted to go home. I didn't want to be too busy and I didn't want to be too bored. Wow. I am feeling really hard to please.

But alas, there is a light coming at the end of this tunnel...thank goodness Monday is Labor Day. I have a fun weekend planned, beginning with going to see "Phantom of the Opera," which I have never seen before. I have never enjoyed a musical so, *fingers crossed*, I hope I'll actually like this one. See...presto! I won't be too busy and I won't be bored. It'll be just right.

Bert is a teacher, so he loves to tell me how many days he has left at work. Me? Who knows how many I have here. I work year-around, like most people, so there really is no "ending" to this. Just like with housework, I guess. Fine, you got the laundry done, but you can do another load in a few days. Made the bed? Great, now just get ready to do it again in the morning. Fixed supper? Super. Do it again tomorrow.

And on and on and on.

I think these ramblings are simply the thoughts of someone in dire need of a long weekend. And lucky for us all, it's just around the corner.
posted by Anisa @ 3:00 PM |

7 comments

<< Home