Tuesday, January 03, 2006

New Year, New Meme

I got this one from Aisha!

1. What did you do in 2005 that you'd never done before? I went to Savannah, Georgia and began to learn the routines in step class at the gym.

2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? Yes, I did. And for 2006, they are: lose 15 pounds, pray more, buy more cute pajamas, do well in school and be more positive!

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? One of my dear friends, Kendy had a baby girl named Eliza Kate.

4. Did anyone close to you die? No, but now I'm all freaked out because on Ginger's blog, she posted New Year's superstitions and one said that if you do laundry on January 1st, people will die. And I did two loads! God forbid anyone close to me die this year!

5. What countries did you visit? I stayed in the US all year.

6. What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005? Hmmm...I guess to read more. I am actually almost done with Michael Moore's Dude, Where's My Country?, which I just started last night. It's fascinating.

7. What dates from 2005 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? I guess my birthday, June 22. I love birthdays!

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Having a regular newspaper column.

9. What was your biggest failure? Not losing all the weight I wanted to!

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? I'm a little bit of a hypochondriac, but all my visits to the doctor showed that I was OK.

11. What was the best thing you bought? Bert an iPod for Father's Day...he was so surprised, and that gift showed him that I also think his role as a father is very important.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? In this day and age, it's a huge milestone to reach a one-year anniversary!

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? All the stuff in Michael Moore's book and the way the US handled Hurricane Katrina. I can't really comment on it, but I am extremely appalled at the way some people have acted recently. I gotta let go of all this hatred!

14. Where did most of your money go? Like Aisha said, bills and gas!

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Going on trips! I loved all the short day trips and longer trips I went on this past year.

16. What song will always remind you of 2005? "Golddigger" by Kanye West feat. Jamie Foxx and Johnny Cash songs because "Walk the Line" was so amazing.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? happier b) thinner or fatter? thinner c) richer or poorer? richer

18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Living in the present.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Holding grudges.

20. How will you be spending Christmas? That morning, Bert, Ariana and I opened all our gifts. Then, we drove to Mississippi and ate with my entire family!

21. Did you fall in love in 2005? Every day.

22. What was your favorite TV program? "Laguna Beach"

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? Oh yeah.

24. What was the best book you read? Ya-Yas in Bloom by Rebecca Wells

25. What was your greatest musical discovery? Johnny Cash

26. What did you want and get? I wanted an iPod mini and then it got stolen and I really wanted it back, and it was indeed returned to me. Thank God!

27. What did you want and not get? I didn't win the lottery!

28. What was your favorite film of this year? "Walk the Line"

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? For my 25th, Bert and I went downtown and ate fabulous food.

30.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? A more satisfying career.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005? All I know is I shop too much, so I must've been in style. :)

32. What kept you sane? Prayer, talking, exercising

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Chris Martin of Coldplay because I have never enjoyed a concert so much!

34. Who did you miss? My sister.

35. Who was the best new person you met? All my new friends!

36. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005. Like I talked about in my last post, just the full realization that regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation or whatever, people are just people and have feelings.

37. What political issue irked you the most? I am super fired up right now because of the book I'm reading. I am really pissed off because our government could be tapping my phone, reading my email, etc. just because I'm Muslim.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. "She will be loved" - Maroon 5. Because that I was.

posted by Anisa @ 11:58 AM |

17 comments

<< Home