Friday, May 26, 2006

Anniversaries

After Bert and I tried to figure out what was significant about August 14 (our anniversary) for two days, it seems only fitting that I would overlook my Blogiversary as well.

About me and Bert, we were thinking of going to a Dave Matthews concert on August 15, and I said, "I feel like I have something to do on the 14th." When I finally remembered, we both laughed. I guess it's a good thing we're not so hung up on big dates to make us feel special...I know we would never truly forget our anniversary, but each day is something special in itself.

Anyway, Friday, May 13, 2005 was the day this blog came into existence. So much has happened over the course of a year. I am less than ten pounds away from not lying about my weight on my driver's license, as opposed to fifteen. Yet, these five pounds seem to consume so much of my time! I got a fabulous new job, started graduate school, got a column in the paper, made a lot of friends here and really began to feel like this place is home. I am much happier, and things seem to be getting better each day.

This blog has been a wonderful outlet for me. I have so enjoyed getting to know so many of you out there in Blogland. Who knows what Anniversary #2 will hold? I'm not sure, but I do plan on continuing to share my life with all of you. Thanks for being along for the journey.
posted by Anisa @ 9:00 AM |

6 comments

<< Home