Friday, May 19, 2006

CC Diarrhea

Why do some people feel the need to carbon copy everyone and their brother on every email they are sent? If I email someone, why do they feel the need to CC others? I mean, if I wanted to include them, wouldn't I have put them on the first email?

I just don't get it.

One lady I knew had such bad CC diarrhea that emails people would send her included the line, "Lady X, please do not forward this out. Thank you."

I think people need a list of email rules because clearly, some people have little common sense. Here are a few of my proposed rules:

1. If you receive an email from someone, you are not automatically at liberty to CC others.
2. Don't say big things over emails, whether it's work related or personal. If it is something that will require discussion, tell the person face-to-face.
3. Don't write in all caps unless you are yelling. And if you are yelling, you probably shouldn't do it over email.
4. Make sure you send the email to the right person. If you are talking bad about someone in an email, you might send it to them because you are thinking about them. In fact, you shouldn't gossip, but if you're going to, make sure you don't send it to the person you're talking about.

I'm sure there are a billion others, but these came to mind. What would you add?

Have a great weekend!
posted by Anisa @ 4:37 PM |

4 comments

<< Home