Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Reflections on the Weekend


My cousin Sommer and Ariana...this was Ariana's first time in Indian clothes!


My mom, Ariana and me...thanks, Mama, for giving Ariana this outfit for her 8th birthday!


Mama, Daddy and me...we had a wonderful weekend together!



Clockwise from top left: Mama, me, Rukhsana "Dhulan Mummy" (my aunt), Fatima "Appi" (my mom's sister), Sommer (Appi's daughter), Ariana and Sam (Appi's son)



Bert, Ariana and me! Thanks, Ammi (my grandmother) for making me such a gorgeous outfit! You and Abbu (my grandfather) were really missed this weekend.

***

What a wonderful Memorial Day weekend! My parents came to see us Friday, and we had fun shopping, eating and visiting. Sunday was an aqiqa for a new baby in my family. This celebration is held shortly after the birth of a baby, and prayers are said to bless him or her and the family comes together in celebration of the new life God has given.

In fact, spending time with so much of my family was a huge blessing in itself. I am a lucky girl indeed.
posted by Anisa @ 1:23 PM |

19 comments

<< Home