Wednesday, July 20, 2005

OMG! Side Effects

My current job gives me a lot of flexibility and freedom. I am the only full-time employee, so I have a lot of time to myself. I am surrounded by gorgeous woods and gardens; it's a virtual oasis. On the downside, I probably spend about 1/4 of my time working with other people, and the rest of the time working independently. In an effort not to feel boxed in, I usually have an IM conversation going, and I frequent many of my favorite blogs. This helps me not feel so disconnected from everything.

But now I've started to speak in computer.

Case in point: the other night, Bert and I were just being together, snuggling. Due to the fact I think my bladder has recently shrunk to the size of a pea, I got up to go to the bathroom.

"Where are you going?" he asked.
"BRB," I replied...dead serious.
"ANISA!!!" he shouted.

But it was too late. I was in the bathroom laughing so hard that my stomach began to hurt. I didn't even realize I was using an acronym for "be right back" as I said it. I thought to myself, "OMG." I mean, oh my goodness.

And then, later that night, we were just chatting and watching TV. I mentioned to Bert that I was really looking forward to our trip and was happy about the way things were going. We started talking, and then I laid there, quiet.

"So, what are you thinking about?" Bert asked.
"Smiley face," I said.

I EVEN SPEAK EMOTICON!

Later, this commercial came on and the person in the commercial was dancing like a crazy person. Bert looked at me with confusion written all over his face.

"Question mark," I said.

Furthermore, WTF and OMG have become staples in my verbiage. I even said LMAO the other day. Mind you, I wasn't even actually laughing my ass off...I just said LMAO to indicate that's how funny I thought something was.

Sometimes, truthfully, I do say these things on purpose, but other times, it just comes out without a warning. I am going to try really hard and put myself on "initial probation" over the course of our trip.

I guess these slips are all side effects of my job. Yeah, I'll blame it on that. But other side effects have been that many doors have been opened for me and amazing opportunities have been presented...so I'll take my new, um, expanded vocabulary and be proud of it!

And, yes, as I mentioned, I'm leaving bright and early tomorrow morning for a long weekend to beautiful Savannah. I hope sunshine and seafood will abound.

OMG - it's going to be great.

Note: I'll be eating entirely too much delicious food and soaking in all the sun I can get 'til Sunday. I will post again Monday, July 25. Have a great weekend!
posted by Anisa @ 1:45 PM |

20 comments

<< Home