Friday, September 16, 2005

You're Like My Don Mattingly Rookie Card

I'm a hopeless romantic. I am a fool for flowers, chocolate and compliments. I'm insecure, and I admit it. However, something that I thought would be the most unromantic thing in the world turned out to be anything but.

Last night moments before I drifted into a deep sleep, Bert and I were just teasing each other and kidding around.

"So, Bert, are you going to trade up from me one day?" I asked jokingly.
"No way...you're like my Don Mattingly rookie card. I'd never trade it or you," he replied.

It made me realize that compliments don't have to be forced, and people express themselves in different ways. And for me to be compared to who Bert believes is the greatest baseball player and Yankee of all time...well, it put a smile on my face.

So here's hoping everyone has a weekend like a Don Mattingly rookie card...one that would never, ever be traded for anything else.
posted by Anisa @ 9:15 AM |

12 comments

<< Home