Friday, January 13, 2006

Please Just Pretend To Care

My doctor's office really frustrates me. Here's what happened.

Last week, I was getting ready to call in my acid reflux prescription, which costs $25 per month with my co-pay. I decided to ask the pharmacist if there was a generic alternative, which would only cost me $10 per month. She said that my doctor would need to call in a prescription for Prilosec, which has a generic and then I'd be good to go. I even called my insurance company to be sure they would cover this medication.

So, my doctor never calls it in. Four days go by, and my tummy hurts and I have constant heartburn. I call back and am told that he wants me to try Prilosec over-the-counter.

"Ma'am, to be honest, I want the generic because of the huge savings. Prilosec over-the-counter only saves me $5 per month."

She finally understood.

So...they call in a prescription for a crazy high milligram of Prilosec because they didn't know that a lower milligram of Prilosec is the equivalent of a higher milligram in my medication.

Good Lord.

Finally I think I have this straightened out. All I wanted was them to call in a comparable acid reflux medication so I could get the generic and save $180 per year. Why not save all that money for the same thing? I thought this was a very simple request. I'm not asking for Loritab!

Why the hell are doctor's offices so incompetent?

And watch this freaking medicine not even work...
posted by Anisa @ 11:42 AM |

21 comments

<< Home