Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Breakdown Of The Weekend

Beginning Thursday around 9pm, everything's been going wrong. Here's the breakdown:

Number of hours Bert and I spent arguing in the car: 3
Time of the drive to see my parents round-trip: 12 hours
Time spent in the ER: 5 hours
Time spent at Harvey's where the stupid waitress asked us what religion we were, put bacon on our salads anyway and left us with unrefilled drinks: 3 hours
Time spent outside in the pouring rain as UGA beat MSU: 2 hours
Illnesses Bert had while in Mississippi: 2 (threw out his back and caught a bad virus)
Minutes I spent lamenting cutting shorter bangs on my hair after having it professionally done: 30
Rude people I've spoken to on the phone today: 2
Rude people I dealt with in Starkville: 2
Letters of complaint I plan on sending: 2 (Everyone, we hate Harvey's Restaurant now, which was formerly my favorite restaurant.)
Number of times a woman insisted I was a secretary although I repeatedly told her I was an office manager: 4
Number of MSU wedding cookies eaten over the weekend: 6 (they're heavenly)
Minutes it took to scarf down an enchilada, taco and rice from Mi Hacienda: 6
Days Bert has off from school because the governor closed all public schools in Georgia in case of a gas crisis: 2
Number of times I've been called Denisa today: 1
Tries it took me trying to send undeliverable pics from my phone to email until realizing I was going to have to call Cingular (ugh): 5
Minutes it took Cingular to fix internet from my phone: 3 (amazing!)
Time it'll take me to get through this stack of mail from being out: maybe forever
Number of new songs I purchased on iTunes: 3
Minutes I'm freaking out thinking one of my best friends might be engaged due to her cryptic voice mail left on my now-fixed Cingular phone: 15
Number of my mom's brownies I ate: too ashamed to say; possibly in the lower double digits
Hours spent scrubbing my house last night: 2
Knowing everything was worth it because of this:


Priceless. Because I wouldn't have traded spending time with my sweet cousin Sam for the world. He really is that adorable.

posted by Anisa @ 1:03 PM |

4 comments

<< Home