Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Turn The Page

So, here we are. The last day of summer. I always think endings and beginnings are a time for reflection. As I sit at my desk, I notice that FINALLY, I am tan. It came from the football game this past weekend. Oh well, it stays warm for a while down here in the Deep South. I just didn't expect my nose to be peeling as I approach autumn!

I already am surrounded by many of my new favorite fall trends...a bronze purse, bronze heels and my new OPI nail polish in "Cabernet for the Lady" (note: there's a free coupon for this gorgeous color in the current "Marie Claire"). It's still hot outside, but when I turn the page in my day calendar, I know tomorrow will be different.

This was a great summer for me. I went to Savannah and fell in love with the candy there, I turned 25, I became a newspaper columnist, I spent two solid weeks with my stepdaughter and I started reading novels again. I celebrated my one-year wedding anniversary, I dropped a few pounds, I spent time with my family and I made new friends. And even though deep down in my heart I may be a pessimist, I'm desperately trying to change that. I'm looking at all the good things that happened this summer.

Who knows what's right around the corner? I hope Bert and I will drive to the mountains and see the leaves change color. I hope I'll spend more time outside, as the heat won't be unbearable. I hope for many good things to happen.

So as I bid adieu to my favorite season, I look back with fondness. Besides being devastated over Brad and Jen's break-up all summer, it was a good one.
posted by Anisa @ 10:55 AM |

11 comments

<< Home