Wednesday, September 28, 2005

A House Divided


Here we are in our t-shirts proclaiming allegiance for opposing teams this past weekend! Being a graduate of Mississippi State, I couldn't imagine cheering for anyone else. But when Leonard Pope scored a touchdown for the University of Georgia, I leapt to my feet and screamed with glee. Fans in red were giving high-fives all around, but they looked at me with confusion on their faces. But I kept right on cheering for both teams.

The final score, 23-10 UGA, was more than just a score to me. It was a reflection of my life.

While my past is important, my present is what's now. And who doesn't want their present to be better than their past?

I think Bert's just happy I don't complain about college football. Baseball - yes. College football - no. And even in the rain with neither of us feeling too hot, we still managed to have fun.

And I will always cheer for both of my Dawgs. As far as I'm concerned, it was a victory all around.
posted by Anisa @ 11:40 AM |

4 comments

<< Home