Tuesday, January 24, 2006

A Full Life

Having a few moments to breathe and just get to play on the internet is actually relaxing again. I've gone from being bored to being busy, and I've began to reflect on what makes our lives full.

When I didn't have as many commitments, I was able to go to the gym more often and blog more often. I didn't always have some place to be or someone's phone call to return. I had more time to relax and recharge.

Now, I'm often running from one thing to the next and agreeing to take on even more. It's not that I have trouble saying no - it's just that I've been faced with some great opportunities and I want to say yes, even if I'm not sure I truly have enough time.

But no more. I truly can't say yes to another thing! Well, they also say never say never!

Being busy has made me more productive. It's made me become a more well-balanced person. It's made me less able to spend time thinking about me and my problems. I heard someone once say your mind is your own worst enemy. I truly believe that people who don't have enough to do make up things to be upset about. I've seen many people whose lives aren't full spend time causing drama and being so negative. But those who are busy just seem to find more time to give and to better themselves. I am at a point in my life where Bert and I are both busy, so here's my chance to become active in the community.

Sometimes I look at my day planner and wonder if I've taken on too much. I went from feeling like I didn't know anyone here to having four social events in a week. It's hard to know where to find that balance. It's hard to know where to cut back, especially when you feel like you just got started. I just want to be everywhere and do it all. And I know that's impossible.

For now, I'm going to take each day as it comes. I am grateful for all that I have in my life, especially when I get to go home at the end of each day. Because my accomplishments wouldn't matter if someone didn't ask me how my day was when I walked in the door. In fact, having that moment every day is my greatest accomplishment.
posted by Anisa @ 1:53 PM |

21 comments

<< Home