Tuesday, March 11, 2008

I Love Old Stuff

I'm tired.

Work and school have kept me super busy.  It's Spring Break here so I don't have class, but I have to work.  My boss is far away in LA for the week so I figured I could really knock out most of my 25-page paper due in two weeks.  *STRESS!*  Anyway, this week has been super busy even though most people are out of the office, so I have written all of three measly pages.  Oh well...I guess I am paid to work, which I have certainly done.  I am really hoping tomorrow and Thursday will slow down.  My parents are coming Friday, so I have taken the day off to clean, relax, etc.  And we all know what parents mean:  awesome dinner at the restaurant of their daughter's choice.  :)  I see a filet in my future.

Well, we had a great weekend...Bert and I went to the High Museum of Art in Atlanta to see the second exhibition from the Louvre, as well as the new Georgia O'Keeffe exhibit.  I love all things French and Georgia O'Keeffe's flower paintings, so I thought it was fabulous.  We saw a cup that was six thousand years old...mind-boggling.  There was really neat stuff, from Josephine's collection to several works from Egypt.  The French were obsessed with Egyptian stuff back in the day, so we saw some really amazing items - I am talking ancient hieroglyphics, etc.

And then, I fell in love.  With what, you might ask?  Trader Joe's.  It is the absolute coolest grocery store with all kinds of delicious specialty items that are actually very reasonably priced.  We are going back to the ATL this weekend for a celebration for my new baby cousin and Bert and I are taking a cooler so we can stock up on the fabulousness.

After arriving back home Sunday evening after our fun-filled day, Bert and I turned on the TV to watch an episode of our latest obsession, "Antiques Roadshow."  We have even entered the lottery and will hopefully be awarded tickets for this summer's show in Chattanooga! We have a painting and a pottery set that we want to take.  I think it would be so fun.  I hope the Boston guy is there because his accent trips me out.

And so, that is the randomness that is my life right now.  

posted by Anisa @ 7:45 PM |

4 comments

<< Home