Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Indian For The Weekend

I always love wearing a sari. My grandmother brought this one back to me from Texas, and I absolutely love it. They are so comfortable and glamorous all at the same time.

This past weekend was an event in Atlanta for a new baby in our family, Isra. There were Indian people everywhere. Before I knew it, I was sitting in the middle of a bunch of women and we were all complimenting each other's clothes and jewelry and just talking and laughing. It felt like home.

My grandmother laughed when it was time for dinner because she knew by looking at the food that I'd have to fill myself up on rice and bread. When I was a little girl, she would have her huge spread on Sundays and would always pull a plate of tacos or leftover Pizza Hut pizza out of the oven for me. I'm doing better now, though. But if I don't recognize it, I won't eat it.

Anyway, the event was lovely. It was great to see so much of my extended family.

But no, dear sweet Indian family, just because I am holding a baby doesn't mean I plan on having one anytime soon. I'm having too much fun handing them back over when they start crying for now.
posted by Anisa @ 1:17 PM |

15 comments

<< Home