Monday, March 17, 2008

Ahoy Maties

We had a nice weekend, all starting with my day off from work on Friday. I cleaned and worked out, which was nice to be able to do and it not be a Saturday. It was so great that I kept thinking it was Saturday when it was Friday...love that.

Saturday was relaxing and we saw "I Am Legend" at the dollar movie, which we both really enjoyed. It was a great, solid, entertaining movie. Highly recommend. I do not, however, recommend bringing your little ones to this movie. What is wrong with people these days? One mother even got mad at her 4 or so year old son for putting his fingers in his ears and humming during a really scary scene. Shame on her for bringing him!

My parents came Saturday afternoon. I convinced my mom to experience the wonder of the PedEgg, which Heather recommended and I really love. I mean, I got a little carried away and my heels hurt, but overall, it was awesome. So, we went to Bed Bath and Beyond, where there was a huge storm and we had to hang out and relax on patio furniture under a giant umbrella.

We went to dinner at me and Bert's favorite restaurant to celebrate his birthday (this coming Saturday) with my parents. I ordered my favorite - the filet - which was divine. As usual, best steak I've ever had. My dad is also a steak-lover and my mom and Bert ordered crab-stuffed tilapia. Sometimes I think about becoming a vegetarian, but my love of certain meats shall always prevent it. I don't like meat that much, but I would seriously eat this steak for dessert. It was divine.

My dad and Bert watched the MSU/UGA basketball game while my mom and I got our clothes ready for the family event Saturday. That took approximately 4-5 hours. You try getting a sari ready. Whew.

Sunday, we got up and got ready for the aquiqah - an event to celebrate a new birth and thank God for the new miracle in our lives. After the great luncheon, complete with tiny baby bottles filled with pastel M&Ms as favors, Bert and I headed to Trader Joe's and Whole Foods and filled a cooler with all kinds of yummies.

Unfortunately, my camera battery was dying on Saturday, so I got very few photos. Zakir looked ADORABLE, but I YET AGAIN got no photos of him. He is presh. However, I did get a few good shots:

Me and Bert, my hunk of man candy


Me, Mama and Daddy - they look gorgeous!


My precious cousin Sommer with her balloon that the crazy magician made for her. She told me all about WebKinz, her latest interest. We discussed WebKinz for at least 30.


I absolutely had to throw in this random photo. On the way to Atlanta, Bert and I spotted this vehicle with the skull and swords. We made fun of it and I repeatedly said, "Yarrgh!" When we pulled up to a red light, only then did we see that their license plate actually did say YARRGH.

Definitely one of the highlights of the weekend.

Labels: ,

posted by Anisa @ 1:14 PM |

3 comments

<< Home