Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Ariana

It was a beautiful early spring day and the azaleas were stunning. Luckily, I had my camera so I could take pictures of a day I wanted to be sure never to forget.


We ate a seafood lunch in a little restaurant by the river. She told us about school and how she learned about a photographer who made designs using only naturally-found objects. She told us that she sees things in nature that other people don't see.


"Look over there," she said. "That looks like a giant foot!" She was referring to a design in the sandy parking lot and sure enough, it looked like a giant foot. And the way a large piece of wood lay in the river against some rocks made it look like an alligator.

"I wonder if it was meant to be that way or if it just happened," she pondered.

"My little philosopher," Bert replied.


She found a "poor little pink" flower that had fallen off the azalea bush. "Look, Anisa! It's your favorite color!" she said, before placing the flower in my hair.


It was an ordinary, yet completely magical Saturday afternoon...just the way Saturday afternoons are meant to be.

Labels: , , ,

posted by Anisa @ 12:41 PM |

6 comments

<< Home